Congressional Medal of Honor Society
Stories of Sacrifice
U.S. Civil War - U.S. Army
John B Mayberry
- Also Known As: Maberry, John B.
- Rank: Private (Highest Rank: Sergeant)
- Conflict/Era: U.S. Civil War
1st Delaware Infantry
- Military Service Branch: U.S. Army
- Medal of Honor Action Date: July 3, 1863
- Medal of Honor Action Place: Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Capture of flag.
- Accredited to: Dover, Kent County, Delaware
- Awarded Posthumously: No
- Presentation Date & Details: December 6, 1864
By Major General George G. Meade, at a review of the 2nd Army Corps Headquarters, Peebles' House, near Petersburg, Va.
- Born: December 17, 1841, Smyrna, Kent County, DE, United States
- Died: December 17, 1922, Dover, Delware
- Buried: Glenwood Cemetery (MH), Smyrna, DE, United States