Indian Campaigns - U.S. Army
- Rank: First Sergeant (Highest Rank: Ordnance Sergeant)
- Conflict/Era: Indian Campaigns
9th U.S. Cavalry
- Military Service Branch: U.S. Army
- Medal of Honor Action Date: August 16, 1881
- Medal of Honor Action Place: foothills of the Cuchillo Negro Mountains, New Mexico, USA
Rallied a detachment, skillfully conducted a running fight of three or four hours, and by his coolness, bravery, and unflinching devotion to duty in standing by his commanding officer in an exposed position under a heavy fire from a large party of Indians saved the lives of at least three of his comrades.