World War I - U.S. Army
Nelson Miles Holderman
- Rank: Captain (Highest Rank: Colonel)
- Conflict/Era: World War I
- Military Service Branch: U.S. Army
- Medal of Honor Action Date: October 2 - 8, 1918
- Medal of Honor Action Place: northeast of Binarville, in the Argonne Forest, France
Capt. Holderman commanded a company of a battalion which was cut off and surrounded by the enemy. He was wounded on 4, 5, and 7 October, but throughout the entire period, suffering great pain and subjected to fire of every character, he continued personally to lead and encourage the officers and men under his command with unflinching courage and with distinguished success. On 6 October, in a wounded condition, he rushed through enemy machine-gun and shell fire and carried two wounded men to a place of safety.