Haitian Campaign 1915 - U.S. Marine Corps
- Also Known As: Marguilies, Samuel
- Rank: Private (Highest Rank: Corporal)
- Conflict/Era: Haitian Campaign 1915
- Military Service Branch: U.S. Marine Corps
- Medal of Honor Action Date: November 17, 1915
- Medal of Honor Action Place: Fort Riviere, Haiti
In company with members of the 5th, 13th, 23d Companies and the marine and sailor detachment from the U.S.S. Connecticut, Gross participated in the attack on Fort Riviere, Haiti, 17 November 1915. Following a concentrated drive, several different detachments of marines gradually closed in on the old French bastion fort in an effort to cut off all avenues of retreat for the Caco bandits. Approaching a breach in the wall which was the only entrance to the fort, Gross was the second man to pass through the breach in the face of constant fire from the Cacos and, thereafter, for a 10-minute period, engaged the enemy in desperate hand-to-hand combat until the bastion was captured and Caco resistance neutralized.