Congressional Medal of Honor Society
Nominate A Citizen Hero
If you are aware of a fellow citizen, neighbor, co-worker, or family member who deserves recognition for extraordinary acts of courage or service, nominate him or her today for the Citizen Honors Awards.
To be nominated, someone must:
- Have clearly demonstrated a willingness to place his or her own life at risk for others or have dedicated themselves to the service of others.
- Show actions which epitomize the concept of “service above self” and are performed “above and beyond” the individual’s job responsibilities.
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
Please note that:
- All acts must have occurred within the 12 months prior to nomination.
- Acts of valor or service cannot have been performed towards one’s own family members.
- Community organizations must be certified non-profits and must currently be in operation.
- Government and government-affiliated organizations are not eligible.
- Self-nominations for individual awards will not be accepted.
- Multiple nominations for the same individual or organization are not necessary.
Who are you nominating for Citizen Honors recognition?