Medal of Honor Character Development Program
The Medal of Honor Character Development Program is a free resource that teaches students courage, commitment, integrity, sacrifice, citizenship, and patriotism through extraordinary military and civilian stories, including those of Medal of Honor Recipients themselves. All lessons and teaching resources are flexible enough to be implemented in public, private, charter, homeschool, and extra-curricular settings, and are useful as Social Emotional Learning tools to create a positive and healthy school culture.
Join us for an in-person training session at one of the following locations to learn how to use the program with your students. These open workshops are facilitated by our team of trainers and will introduce attendees to the Medal of Honor and its Recipients, demonstrate a variety of ways to use the lessons in the curriculum, and provide time for collaboration and planning so you can end the day ready to use the materials. All who attend sessions will receive a copy of the curriculum
Upcoming In-Person Trainings
Orlando, Florida, Secondary Training
June 15, 2023
Request a Training for Your School or District
Your school or district can host a free training for your educators. These sessions typically run from 8:30am-3:00pm and are designed to introduce your team to the Medal of Honor and its Recipients, model ways to use the lessons with students, and allow time for collaboration and planning for program implementation.
Our team will provide:
- Our trainers (all of whom are current or former educators) to conduct the session.
- An interactive, engaging learning experience for you and your colleagues.
- Guided collaboration time so you can plan implementation strategies unique to your school.
- A thumb drive and resource book for each person in attendance.
- Reimbursement of substitute costs if needed.
- A light lunch for all attendees.
You will need to provide:
- At least 50 teachers.
- A space with tables and chairs for attendees to work in groups.
- AV including a screen, projector, and speakers.
Both elementary training (for K-6th grade teachers) and secondary sessions (for 6th-12th grade teachers) are available, but they cannot be combined into one training.