Congressional Medal of Honor Society
Stories of Sacrifice
U.S. Civil War - U.S. Army
William H Woodall
- Rank: Scout
- Conflict/Era: U.S. Civil War
Major General Philip H. Sheridan's Cavalry Corps Headquarters
- Military Service Branch: U.S. Army
- Medal of Honor Action Date: March 29 - April 9, 1865
- Medal of Honor Action Place: Deatonsville (Sailor's Creek), Virginia, USA
Captured flag of Brigadier General Rufus Barringer's headquarters brigade.
- Accredited to: Winchester, Frederic County, Virginia
- Awarded Posthumously: No
- Presentation Date & Details: May 3, 1865
Medal issued in 1865; Woodall's Medal of Honor was rescinded following the 1916-1917 review of Army Medal of Honor awards as he was a civilian at the time of his valor; he was restored to the Medal of Honor Roll in 1989.
- Born: , Lynchburg, Lynchburg County, VA, United States